Top Ten Boat Names for 2017
Source Denison Yacht Sales.
The Boat Owners Association of the U.S. released its list of the Top Ten Boat Names for 2017, a tradition that dates back 25 years. The list is created by compiling requests for boat names received by the BoatUS graphics service.
Here are the 2017 Top 10 Boat Names and a note about their meanings:
1. Serenity: The utter calm and quietude boating brings
2. Seas the Day: A nautical wordplay on the Latin saying “Carpe diem,” taking boating to its fullest
3. Andiamo: “Let’s go!” in Italian and a perennial favorite boat name
4. Irish Wake: Mourning and merrymaking after the death of a family member or friend
5. Freedom: Patriotic name that first appeared on the Top 10 Names list in 2004
6. Adagio: Italian for “at a slow tempo.” Represents how boating reduces stress in our hectic lives
7. Ohana: From the Hawaiian culture, meaning “family” in an extended sense
8. Oasis: A fertile spot in a desert where water is found; symbolizes boating’s ability to refresh and nourish our daily lives
9. Happy Ours: A playful take on the good feeling you get at the afternoon communal cocktail time
10. Firefly: Making the list for the first time, it’s thought that the kids picked this one
Ocean Alliance is a Sydney-based full-service superyacht brokerage house.
The company represents a large portion of the superyacht charter fleet operating in Australia and the South Pacific, and source international charter yachts and destinations for clients looking abroad. Their services also include yacht brokerage, charter marketing, commercial structures and yacht management.
Whether you are an experienced yacht owner or charterer or making your first steps in yachting, the team can support your needs.
Media and PR enquiries: email@example.com to find out more.
Follow Ocean Alliance on Instagram for daily news and updates (@ocean_alliance).