A World Oceans Day Gallery, celebrate with the Ocean Alliance superyacht fleet.
by Ocean Alliance.
On behalf of Ocean Alliance, we wanted to remind you of World Oceans Day today 8th June! This year’s United Nations theme is “Our Oceans, Our Future”. We all share that same passion for the Ocean, and feel very grateful the superyacht industry provides us with incredible opportunities every day.
“The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever”
We believe you have all experienced the same feelings Jacques Cousteau describes!
Did you know the Australian oceans span over 10million square kilometers? That is 4 times the Mediterranean and Caribbean Seas (respectively 2.5million and 2.7million) !
Time to start your own Superyacht Exploring, and the Ocean Alliance fleet offers just the right mix of experiences – in Australia and the South Pacific!
Here are some fun, true and positive facts we have gathered for you:
- The deep sea is the largest museum on Earth: There are more artifacts and remnants of history in the ocean than in all of the world’s museums, combined.
- We have only explored less than 5 percent of the Earth’s oceans. In fact, we have better maps of Mars than we do of the ocean floor (even the submerged half of the United States).
- Oceans cover three quarters of the Earth’s surface, contain 97 per cent of the Earth’s water, and represent 99 per cent of the living space on the planet by volume.
|TOP INFLUENCERS ON INSTAGRAM:||TOP INFLUENCERS ON TWITTER:|
- Recent studies indicate that at least 40 million pounds of plastic has accumulated and is floating in the North Pacific Ocean alone.
- Annually approximately 500 billion plastic bags are used worldwide. More than one million bags are used every minute. A plastic bag has an average “working life” of 15 minutes.
- 14% of all litter comes from beverage containers such as coffee cups. In our office alone, 600 coffee cups are used very week!
- All of the main four polluting items – bags, bottles, coffee cups and straws – are easy to cut out of our lives.
If you want to go further… feel free to join Ocean Alliance and undertake the plastic-free July challenge! http://www.plasticfreejuly.org/
Ocean Alliance represents the foremost fleet of superyachts
for charter in Australia,
Whether you are an experienced yacht owner or charterer or making your first foray in yachting, the team can support your needs creating experiences onboard to deliver entertainment and enjoyment,
in a relaxed setting which inspires memories.
Ocean Alliance represent yachts available for charter in Australia as well as yachts available in Sydney for events
and sources international charter yachts and destinations for clients looking abroad.
Media and PR enquiries: email@example.com to find out more.
Follow Ocean Alliance on Instagram for daily news and updates (@ocean_alliance).